The Fake Shop Detector can only be used on a laptop or computer. Click here to go to the download area. You can find detailed installation instructions here.
- Technical difficulties prevent the analysis in real time: In this case, we ask you for a little patience - as a rule, the Fake Shop Detector will be working properly again within the next hour.
- Lack of consent for real-time analysis by artificial intelligence: For the Fake Shop Detector to function fully, you must consent to the automatic classification of unknown websites during installation. Otherwise, you will only be shown results for known websites. You can revoke or add your consent at any time under the settings of the browser plug-in.
- If you come across a fraudulent online shop, we ask you to use the Watchlist Internet fraud report form. The team checks reports and writes reports if suspicions are confirmed in order to warn other consumers in time before they make a purchase.
- For specific requests for advice, you will find the appropriate contact persons under Advice & Help.
- The green symbol of the Fake Shop Detector is no guarantee for a good shopping experience. If there are problems with your online purchase, the Internet Ombudsman's Office will mediate free of charge.
- If you discover an incorrect rating, we would be pleased to receive your feedback. You can report errors to us here, which will be continuously corrected by our team.